root is denied the ability to change permissions?

Robert Vangel robzilla at westnet.com.au
Thu Dec 25 03:31:29 UTC 2003

To be able to right to the drive as you, in /etc/fstab in the fourth
column, change the text to this:

   defaults,uid=<uid to write>,gid=<gid to write>

To find out your user id, use the command

$ id <username>

This will output your username and uid, plus any groups you are a member
of. Change <uid to write> and <gid to write> to whichever ones you want.
Only this user will be able to write to the drive (or so I am to believe).