Xemacs background color

Tom Mitchell mitch48 at sbcglobal.net
Sat Dec 27 20:47:19 UTC 2003

On Sat, 27 Dec 2003, Matthew Saltzman wrote:
> I said...
> > or in  ~/.emacs/custom.el
> >   (custom-set-faces
> >  '(default ((t (:background "grey" :size "16pt" :family "Courier"))) t))
> >
> > If grey/gray is not to your liking any color named in
> > /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/rgb.txt should be possible.
> >
> > There is an interface for editing this stuff as well
> > look under options-->customize emacs
>
> Thanks, Tom and Ray.  (The "customize emacs" menu item is for Emacs, not
> Xemacs, BTW.)

Hmmm... I had fired up xemacs to test
	Options-->Advanced(customize)-->Face....
	then Default, just above Desktop Entry Group...

I think I looked at text in my .emacs/custom.el file or switched
from one to the other out of habit.

So yep you are correct for emacs.
	Options-->Customize Emacs-->Specific Face

Of interest switching between the two, xemacs and emacs, .emacs
becomes a XEmacs compatibility file and the .emacs/ dir becomes
.xemacs/ with custom.el and init.el in it.  Now init.el gives a
hook to keep the two versions from too much tangle.  Stuff
like this:
    (cond ((not running-xemacs)
           (global-font-lock-mode t)
    ))

BTW: And these comments show up.
 ;; custom-set-faces was added by Custom -- don't edit or cut/paste it!
 ;; custom-set-variables was added by Custom -- don't edit or cut/paste it!
I guess I have been warned.

For Emacs his looks interesting:  frame-initial-geometry-arguments

So does this!!!!!
  /usr/share/xemacs-21.4.14/etc/sample.Xdefaults

--
	T o m  M i t c h e l l
	mitch48 -a*t- yahoo-dot-com