gnome pilot

Ben Steeves bcs at metacon.ca
Sun Dec 28 17:34:07 UTC 2003

On Sun, 2003-12-28 at 13:30, Dexter Ang wrote:
>  but the first is /dev/ttyUSB0,
> second /dev/ttyUSB1, third is /dev/ttyUSB2.

Not quite... USB ports are (as I understand it) enumerated from the
client side.  So your Palm will talk on /dev/ttyUSB0 or /dev/ttyUSB1,
depending on what model it is.  I think OS5.2.1 models use /dev/ttyUSB0
-- OS4 models used /dev/ttyUSB1.

> Of note, there is no Memo app in Evolution, which sucks. If you want
> to view memos, I suggest you try J-Pilot.

Actually, I view memos in Evolution quite easily -- the "memos" app,
which comes with pilot-link, allows you to download your memos as an
mbox file, which Evolution can read as a mailbox.  Of course, this only
allows you to read them, but it works quite nicely for that.

Ben Steeves                     _                    bcs at metacon.ca
 The ASCII ribbon campaign     ( )               ben.steeves at unb.ca
http://www.metacon.ca/ascii    / \     Yahoo Messenger: ben_steeves