another yum error... (mis-configuration?)

Michael Schwendt ms-nospam-0306 at
Sun Dec 28 22:32:28 UTC 2003

On Sun, 28 Dec 2003 15:56:14 -0500, Elton Woo wrote:

> I've updated my yum.conf file to include he stable and unstable trees, and
> now when I try to install any package ("yum install apt", for example)
> I keep getting:
> retrygrab() failed for:
>   Executing failover method
> failover: out of servers to try
> Error getting file
> [Errno 4] IOError: HTTP Error 404: Not Found
> I feel this has been addressed before, and I *am* searching both the
> fedora-list
> and fedora-config archives, but so far I can't find the proper solution.
> Should "fedora-core-1" in my yum.conf be changed to "Fedora-Core-1"
> instead?

I have the impression your confusing "Fedora Core" with the
semi-official "Fedora Extras" add-on packages from

Earlier you've posted a yum output example where you've got
only Fedora Core and Fedora Core Updates. For information on how
to add extra packages, check out the Howto at