Printing with Z35

Mark Litchfield ma1mal at bath.ac.uk
Mon Dec 29 02:57:38 UTC 2003

Do you mind if I ask how you managed to get the lexmark z35 to print locally on
Fedora Core 1?
The drivers supplied by lexmark assume you are using the lpd daemon, but cups is
the default in Fedora. I'm not sure how to set up the cups-lpd backend, once i
have installed the lexmark driver rpm. If you could tell me the steps you took
to install the driver and set up the printer queue that would be great.

With regard to printing from windows, have you read this section:

http://www.cups.org/sam.html#8_8

in the cups software admin documentation? It looks pretty simple to do in that
example, you just use samba and define cups as the printing command. There's
also a windows driver on the cups website, which apparently allows your windows
computer to directly talk to cups.

Thanks for your help

Mark