USB mouse fails scroll on 2.6.0-1.21 after elwoo revisited

Elton Woo elwoo at videotron.ca
Mon Dec 29 03:29:02 UTC 2003

RaXeT wrote:

> Elton Woo stated :
>
>> Section "InputDevice"
>> # If the normal CorePointer mouse is not a USB mouse then
>

>> ... it sounds a bit strange that the new kernel would mess up
>> scrolling, so this is the first thing I would check.
>

> My XF86Config hasn't changed in all the iterations of 2.6.0-1. kernels
> nor the 2.4.22. kernels I've tested and used. So this section of
> XF86Config is exactly as you pointed out. The interesting thing here
> is that if I load kernel 2.4.22-1.2135.nptl my mouse scrolls very
> nicely. Not sure what else to look at.
>
> Please follow up with some other action I could experiment with.

... sorry, I guess my suggestion was just a 'stab in the dark'. I haven't
yet tried the 2.6 kernel, since I was told there are some serious problems
with it and the nVidia drivers. I regret that I am unable to help you
further.

sincerely,

Elton.

"You only live once: let's make life BETTER for each other."
LINUX User #193975 [AMD ATHLON CPU] ICQ #149608718.