another yum error... (mis-configuration?)

William Hooper whooperhsd3 at earthlink.net
Mon Dec 29 04:56:47 UTC 2003

Elton Woo said:
>>>Error getting file
>>>http://fedora.redhat.com/stable/fedora-core-1/headers/header.info
>>>[Errno 4] IOError: HTTP Error 404: Not Found
>>
>>Where did this URL come from?  Are you still looking for the Fedora.us
>>(aka Fedora Extras) repos?
>>
>>http://download.fedora.us/fedora/fedora/1/i386/yum/stable/
>>
> I dunno. <*shrug*> That is the output that I get when I run
> "yum install apt", from a root console.

After you made the changes below?  Notice that I gave you the correct URL
above.

> FWIW: Here's my yum.conf file to which I've added the last two
> entries:
[snip]
> [stable]
> name=Fedora Core $releasever - $basearch - Stable
> baseurl=http://fedora.redhat.com/stable/fedora-core-$releasever
>
> [unstable]
> name=Fedora Core $releasever - $basearch - Unstable
> baseurl=http://fedora.redhat.com/unstable/fedora-core-$releasever

Quick sanity check, replace $releasever with 1 (since this is Fedora Core
1), put these URLs into your favorite web browser, and you will see that
these two don't exist.  To double check, add "/headers/header.info" to the
end to try to get the header info file.  Still don't exist.

--
William Hooper