VNC and GDM...

Rick Grashel rgrashel at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 29 05:02:40 UTC 2003

Hello,

I'm wondering if someone can help me.  I have been trying for quite a long
time now to get a GDM login screen on FC1 through a remove vncviewer (such
as "vncviewer <hostname>").  I had this working perfectly on RH8 and RH9.
On FC1, I have tried all the steps that I have found dozens of times, yet
this still does not work.

Currenlty, I have vnc-server-4.0-0.beta4.3.2 and vnc-4.0-0.beta4.3.2
installed.  I have the correct entires in my gdm.conf.  I have the correct
entries in my /etc/services, and I have the correct service in
/etc/xinetd.d.  When I pull up the vncviewer, the vncviewer prompts me for a
password instead of just giving me the gdm login prompt.

If possible, can someone post the steps that they used to allow remote
logins with GDM through a VNC connection?  Either I missed something, or
this is broke.  Many thanks!

-- Rick