VNC and GDM...

Roberto Mason roberto at robertomason.pointclark.net
Mon Dec 29 16:31:24 UTC 2003

I've got it working. What I've done for example is run vncserver
:1 -geometry 800x600. That creates a .vnc directory on the logon you ran
while doing your vncserver. Edit the file xstartup. I commented out the
three lines with # and added a startup

#vncconfig -iconic &
#xterm -geometry 80x24+10+10 -ls -title "$VNCDESKTOP Desktop" &
#twm &
startkde &

kill vncserver and restart it.
Works for me