Fedora update from RHL9, jsut how much is NOT updated?

Guy Fraser guy at incentre.net
Mon Dec 29 17:22:01 UTC 2003

Dennis Calhoun wrote:

>On Fri, 26 Dec 2003 21:06:07 +0000, you wrote:
>

>>On Thursday 25 December 2003 03:34, Robert Vangel wrote:
>>

>>>I have never done an upgrade on any OS myself, I really do much prefer
>>>clean installs, as it means that there will not be any stale data that
>>>was there previously.
>>>
>>>I have heard of many people complaining that things get broke when they
>>>upgrade, because of incompatibilities between new and original software,
>>>plus settings don't keep properly.
>>>

>Covering two replies in one here....
>This is the first time I have ever done an upgrade and so far it seems
>fairly solid, but I've seen image files within my local data that show
>what some of the new programs WOULD look like and they are very
>different in a number of cases. It really seems there is a lot that is
>not upgraded in the normal update process.

I would tend to agree, the upgrade took for ever, but when it was done
wine still worked. :-)

A lot of setting did seemed to get lost. :-(

The problem I have, is when I put a drawer on the panel it works until
I log out. When I log back in the icons are still in the drawer but
they don't do anything and can't be removed.  :-\