Digital Cameras?

Rob Park rbpark at ualberta.ca
Tue Dec 30 03:56:49 UTC 2003

Hey everybody.

I'm looking to buy a digital camera, but I want to make sure I can get
one that is compatible with linux (specifically, it'd be nice if fedora
had good support for it).

Basically I'm looking at getting a camera that uses the Secure Digital
(SD) cards, and a separate SD card reader. I hear SanDisk is a good
brand for SD card readers (they show up as USB mass storage and work
nicely, from what I hear).

Is there anything I should watch out for? Any brands to avoid?

Basically, I just want one that I can use with a minimum of hassle.

Thanks.