Gnopernicus

Colin Charles linux at bytebot.net
Tue Dec 30 06:08:15 UTC 2003

On Tue, 2003-12-30 at 02:17, Elton Woo wrote:

> >Now, with AT support, I start Gnopernicus, click Preferences, then click
> >Speech. Clicking Voices further, and upon testing any voice, I don't
> >hear a test voice being output.
> >
> Just a "stab in the dark" (pun NOT intended!): By default, Fedora has the volume set about 50%. Have you increased the volume to maximum? From the Main Menu: Sound and Video ---> Volume Control, or from the panel (lower right corner of your screen) you can use the volume applet.

No pun taken... This is not for me, but I work with the visually
impaired a lot.

I've got the volume set up pretty high for everything, so it seems to be
OK. BTW, right clicking on the volume control next to the up2date icon
works as well :)

I should have mentioned that when I played a video, sound was surely
coming out of my speakers.

> Furthermore from the "Start Here" icon on the desktop, go to: Preferences --> Sound (the loudspeaker icon) and *enable* the following: Sound Server at Startup and System Sounds. (These are disabled by default. As an added precaution, you might also wish to verify that your external speakers are plugged into the proper sound card outlet.).

I tried this... And now, I'm in for more failures! Attached is what I
see.

Seems worse to me...
Colin Charles, byte at aeon.com.my
http://www.bytebot.net/