YUM - local repository

Tom Diehl tdiehl at rogueind.com
Tue Dec 30 13:21:13 UTC 2003

On Tue, 30 Dec 2003, Tommy Tovbin wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I faced the following problem:
> Now at home I don't have internet, but I want to use yum, for example, to
> install smbclient and so on... I can download the whole yum repository at
> my work.
> Q:
> May I use that repos. copy at home to upgrade, install RPMS?

Why not? The stuff in the repos is all free so you can do whatever you want.

> example for meeting my needs:
> 1) download http://download.fedora.us/fedora/fedora/1/i386/yum/updates/
> 2) copy to my local home HD ( /var/fedora/1/i386/yum/updates/)
> 3) put right paths in yum.conf
> 4) yum install ....
>
> Any thoughts?

Yes, Please start a new thread instead of hijacking an old one. Is it really
that hard to copy and paste the list address into a new message instead of
replying to another thread and changing the subject??

As far as your original question is concerned you are free to do whatever you
wish wrt copying the repos.

HTH,