Error while trying to upgrade from RH8 toi FC1

Robin Laing Robin.Laing at drdc-rddc.gc.ca
Tue Dec 30 18:13:27 UTC 2003

I am trying to move upto Fedora Core from RH 8 and during the upgrade I
keep getting an error message and being told to reboot.  This message
occurs right after I select the partition to upgrade. (/dev/hda3)

--- error message
   Error mounting device sda1 as /mnt/pix.
     No such file or directory

   This most likely means this partition has not been formatted.

    Press OK to reboot your system.

---  end error message.

I don't have a scsi drive or controller (sda1) so I would assume that
the install is trying to use the CD rom or the partition that my RH 8
is installed on and is having problems with linking.

This error occurs in either graphical or text install attempts at the
same location.

I guess I will hold off on Fedora until I hear an answer.

CD have been tested using the install test routine and all have been
confirmed.

--
Robin Laing