K3b: ide-scsi

Henk Jurriens henk.jurriens at home.nl
Wed Dec 31 12:34:06 UTC 2003

Hi,

I want to use K3B, but I got the following message :

No support for ATAPI with cdrdao
You will not be able to use all your reading devices as copy sources since
there is at least one not configured to use SCSI emulation and your system
does not support ATAPI with cdrdao.
Solution: The best and recommended solution is to enable ide-scsi (SCSI
emulation) for all devices. This way you won't have any problems.

But how can I enable ide-scsi emulation? My harddisk had ide-scsi emulation
( kernel /boot/vmlinuz-2.4.22-1.2135.nptl ro root=LABEL=/ hdd=ide-scsi rhgb )

Greetings
Henk Jurriens