CUPS Problem

Paul Dubinsky pdubinsky at
Wed Dec 31 22:07:35 UTC 2003

Howdy, Folks

Happy New Year.

I'm trying to setup a JetDirect queue on FC1 and I keep getting an error
when the CUPS system tries to create the queue. Everything goes fine until
I try to print a test page. Then I get the following error msg:

Cannot write queues

sh: line 1: /usr/bin/lpr - no such file or directory

/usr/bin/lpr links to /etc/alternatives/print which links to
/usr/bin/lpr.LPRng which doesn't exist.

This FC1 was installed as an upgrade of an existing installation of RHL7.3.

Does anyone have any suggestions about what to do next?