mirror suggestion

Matthew Boeckman matthewb at saepio.com
Tue Nov 4 16:34:44 UTC 2003

Hello list, I wanted to post a suggestion. It seems that only a very
small handful of the 'redhat mirrors' actually carry severn. I tried >
12 mirrors that I've used in the past, not a one had it. After asking on
IRC, I got one mirror. So far, bandwidth to it is about 5K/s (not my
end), and of course ftp.redhat.com is hosted on a dialup.

So my suggestion is simply to state the importance of mirror
penetration, espescially before the upcoming release of core1. At least
have a page up at fedora.redhat.com that accurately lists mirrors from
which one can retrieve severn.

thanks, and looking forward to my first fedora install.

--
Matthew Boeckman			(816) 777-2160
Manager - Systems Integration		Saepio Technologies