What about BootSplash?

Arindam Dey adey at komnas.com
Wed Nov 5 02:53:06 UTC 2003

On Wed, 2003-11-05 at 02:39, Kreg Steppe wrote:
> Fedora has a Graphical boot already.
> Nice too...
>
> Kreg
>
> Antti A wrote:

Nope Fedora does not have a graphical boot. What I mean by this is , the
graphical part starts only after init starts. It is not a "complete"
graphical boot up.

What this guy is suggesting, bootsplash graphical boot starts from the
Kernel message stage. This is made by the SuSE developer itself. It is
also quite cool. It even lets you set background on your virtual
consoles any jpeg image you want and that too a different one on each
console.

So anybody from the Fedora project care to comment as to why something
like this cannot be included ?

--
Arindam Dey

The mind is not a vessel to be filled
but a fire to be kindled.

GPG FPR: B8E3 219E F129 F970 F4A7  BC50 9636 504A BEDF 5739