hoax or bad taste joke by Redhat's CEO?

Black black_771 at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 5 17:05:26 UTC 2003

I think we have the same point, but have different expectations of the
"average" user.  Computer shops here in the States charges $20 to install
memory, $50 to install a hard drive and the "average" computer user, in my
experience, chooses to actually pay that!  If you can't do it yourself, pay
someone who can.  Average users are "internet", "word processor", and
"checkbook" appliance users.  Linux is more than ready for them.

I truly think that when he said "Linux" needs to mature a few years, he
really meant waiting for their niche user, the user that is willing to try
something different, to mature.