please use BitTorrent

nosp nosp at xades.com
Thu Nov 6 11:32:46 UTC 2003

On Thu, 2003-11-06 at 06:46, Rodolfo J. Paiz wrote:
> On a separate question:
>
> At home I have a 128 Kbps dedicated ISDN line: not blazing fast, but
> constant. I would be happy to put BT on my Linux box with the complete ISO
> set I download tonight at the hotel, and let it continue to upload for at
> least a few more weeks. Can anyone tell me if just putting the ISO files in
> the right directory is enough, and if so, which directory it wants?

You're alright just leaving the btdownload{headless,*} client running
with 100% of the download complete.  The files can be anywhere as long
as the BT client knows about them and thinks they're 100% downloaded.
BT client will keep the torrent server appraised of the fact you have
the whole file available and other clients will be directed towards your
files.

If you want to host a torrent, that's different.  You probably don't
want to but in case, the info is at
http://bitconjurer.org/BitTorrent/guide.html .