what cd download ? Jargon busting.

David.Pawson at rnib.org.uk David.Pawson at rnib.org.uk
Thu Nov 6 14:29:45 UTC 2003

> The SRPMS discs are the source code RPMS.  The i386 discs are the ones
> used for the install.
And yarrow and rawhide and so on and so forth.

Is there a Redhat / Fedora /Linux jargon busting page please?
The tla's that are flowing on this list I guess warrant one.

It might help make a tiny step towards putting Linux closer
to Windoze for the man on the Clapham omnibus.

 I just get the feeling that the Linux community take a great
delight in picking abtruse names for things. Great for the in-crowd,
but far less so for anyone approaching Linux, and may just be enough
to put them off for years.

If needed I'll collate and mark up... if you'll help me translate :-)
?? docbook is fashionable isn't it??

regards DaveP

*** snip here ***

-