OOo1.1 in Fedora

nosp nosp at xades.com
Fri Nov 7 13:23:32 UTC 2003

On Fri, 2003-11-07 at 13:13, Andre Meyer wrote:
> After upgrading and being surprised about all the stuff I have this
> problem left:
>
> I had installed OpenOffice 1.1 on RH9 using the download and
> instructions from the openoffice.org website.
>
> FC1 has installed OOo1.1 again and now I have a mess. OOo does not start
> up properly: it keeps coming with the install script that should be run
> only once the first time it is started up.

Try renaming your .openoffice directory:

mv ~/.openoffice ~/.openoffice.saved

Also make sure you don't somehow have two sets of openoffice rpms:

rpm -qa | grep  openoffice

You should have something like:

openoffice.org-i18n-1.1.0-6
openoffice.org-libs-1.1.0-6
openoffice.org-1.1.0-6

Also take a look at the fedora-test-list archives for some more possible
solutions.