Another Nvidia problem

Marc Williams marcw at onlymooo.com
Fri Nov 7 16:47:37 UTC 2003

On Fri, 2003-11-07 at 10:25, Katherine Holcomb wrote:
> I just upgraded from RH 9 to Fedora Core 1 yesterday on a Dell Precision
> 340 with an Nvidia graphics card.  I have read the previous thread about
> Nvidia drivers.  I had already installed them from the Nvidia script
> using the CC_IGNORE_MISMATCH flag, but uninstalled them and installed
> the rpms at www2.educ.umu.se/~peter/nvidia.  The rpms seem to work as
> well as the Nvidia script so far, but I still have a problem -- none of
> the OpenGL screensavers work.  All fail with the error "Xlib: extension
> XFree86-DRI missing on display :0.0"

Strange, I get that exact same message when starting xawtv from
console.  However, in spite of that message, xawtv seems to work just
fine.  I have experimented with having the dri module load and also
not.  I haven't been able to detect any difference with or without dri
(whatever it is) in any of my apps or desktop yet so for now I'm leaving
it in.

I installed my nvidia drivers just from the script and not the rpm.