Another Nvidia problem (the rpms)

Peter Backlund peter.backlund at home.se
Fri Nov 7 18:03:49 UTC 2003

Hi.

I'm one of the brains behind the rpms in question.

> If you use the NVidia RPMS that have been discussed, it may be possible
> (likely) that you need to re-install them AFTER removing the Mesa-libGL
> RPM, but that is a pure guess on my part. In either case, re-install the
> Mesa-libGLU RPM first before you do anything else.

It seems hw accelerated OpenGL works to some extent, however this screen
saver blackout issue is new to me. If it can be fixed by removing
XFree86-Mesa-libGL, I'll add a Conflicts:  XFree86-Mesa-libGL to the
nvidia-glx rpm. glxgears seems to work without removing that rpm though.

Installing with the downloader script on top of the rpms, or installing
the rpms on top of a script install, is not supported and may go either
way. It's only supposed to work on a clean system.

I'll look into this in a while.

/Peter