Specific Fedora kernel

David C. Hart dch at TQMcube.com
Fri Nov 7 18:18:56 UTC 2003

On Fri, 2003-11-07 at 12:44, John Wendel wrote:
> On Fri, 07 Nov 2003 08:31:03 -0500 -- "David C. Hart"
> <dch at TQMcube.com> wrote:

> Very strange. I always compile a custom kernel and I haven't had
> any problems with the kernel sources shipped with Fedora. Can you
> point to the specific things that break for you? Maybe someone
> will be able to fix the problem.

On every machine (I've tried it on three) I get an "active_load_balance"
error in sched. It sometimes goes away if you do "make bzImage" again.
As I recall, the floppy module cannot be compiled as a module nor can a
number of others (I think parport). Plus I get a ton of "the author of
this code needs to read up on list entry" - TONS! That does not leave me
with a warm and fuzzy feeling. I also seem to recall some code dependent
upon EISA. I'll try again and be more definitive. I have never had a
problem with KORG 2.4.22.