adding new packages

Douglas Sievers dsievers at ucla.edu
Fri Nov 7 18:35:15 UTC 2003

Hello,

Actually, I downloaded the ISO's for the install, and it worked rather
poorly. I chose to custom select packages, and the installer took on a mind
of its own. Some of the packages I requested were not installed, while some
that I did not request were installed.

Later, from the add/remove programs GUI, when asking to install "Fedora Core
1" disk 1 (or whatever), after putting the CD in, the package update exits
with an error. I think this is because the ISO's have "FC-1 i386" as the CD
name, not "Fedora Core 1" as it should have been. I just used yum for the
new packages I wanted to install. It was much less of a headache.

I'm kind of a newbie... where's the best place to report bad behavior like
that?