problem upgrading RH9 to fedora core 1

Franklin R. Jones grat at wyldwood.com
Fri Nov 7 21:06:01 UTC 2003

I have a fairly new RH9 install (which has run fine for about 4 weeks)
that I thought I would attempt an upgrade to Fedora core release 1 on
it as a first attempt with this release image.

I'm getting an error when it attempts to transfer the install image to
the hard drive. States "that you are probably out of disk space".

System as a swap partition of 1Gb, monolithic 10Gb / partition with
4Gb free space, and a 200Mb /boot partition with 195Mb free.

CD image tests clean.

both graphical and text install dies about 75% though copy of install
image.

I searched the list archive and the only thing that sounds similar is:
http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/2003-August/msg00211.html

but isn't identical nor is there a resolution offered.

any ideas on this one?  While I could just do a fresh install on this
particular system, I have 3 other systems that I wouldn't want to do
that on so would like to figure out what the issue is if possible.

Anyway to get more verbose debug output from the install process? At
the point it dies it is not writing to /root/install.log yet (nor
anywhere else I can determine)

thanks,
fj..