Minimal installation

Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz at simpaticus.com
Sun Nov 9 03:42:27 UTC 2003

At 21:07 11/8/2003, you wrote:
>On Sun, 2003-11-09 at 06:15, Jonathan M. Slivko wrote:
> > Maybe a "mini" ISO, like what FreeBSD has is needed for Fedora? Just an
> > idea.
>would that be the rescue Cd, its a redhat live cd in a way with the
>minimal stuff required for rescue !!

Different concept altogether, Walid. We want a working, functional,
permanent install of Fedora under 200MB of disk space, and if possible
lower than 150MB. The rescue CD is great for what it does, but it is not a
"live CD Linux" like Knoppix for example. It does not have functional
routing, firewalling, DHCP server, etc.

--
Rodolfo J. Paiz
rpaiz at simpaticus.com