NVIDIA (again)

Scott Burns sburns at ihug.com.au
Sun Nov 9 08:39:08 UTC 2003

Hi,
    I've followed the instructions and followed in other's footsteps.
All went well and I'm running almost okay - the only problem is my frame
rate is half under FC1 what it was under RH9.  I installed using
NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-4496-pkg2.run

    I'm running a P3/800 on a Via  Apollo PRO133x with a 4x AGP ( always
runs at 2x ), 256Mb RAM, plus 32Mb on the card, a Gigabyte based on a
GeForce 2 MX200.

    I used to get 880fps on glxgears.  Now I get 450.

    The XFree86.0.log file has the error

Symbol __glXActiveScreens from module
/usr/X11R6/lib/modules/extensions/libdri.a is unresolved!
Symbol __glXActiveScreens from module
/usr/X11R6/lib/modules/extensions/libdri.a is unresolved!

    Anyone with any ideas?  More verbose logging available on demand...

Scott