NVIDIA (again)

Scott Burns sburns at ihug.com.au
Sun Nov 9 09:49:49 UTC 2003

ERIC KLINGER wrote:

> Scott - What does your XF86Config file look like? - you did comment
> out the "dri" line right?
>
> Eric

To be honest, no.  But it had no effect.  I even rebooted in case I had
to flush some modules.  My config follows, but in a nutshell, it's a
stock XFree86, "nv" changed to "nvidia", load "dri" commented out ( now
) as well as the entire DRI section commented out (Now )

# XFree86 4 configuration created by pyxf86config

Section "ServerLayout"
        Identifier     "Default Layout"
        Screen      0  "Screen0" 0 0
        InputDevice    "Mouse0" "CorePointer"
        InputDevice    "DevInputMice" "AlwaysCore"
EndSection
Section "Files"
        RgbPath      "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/rgb"
        FontPath     "unix/:7100"
EndSectionSection "Module"
        Load  "dbe"
        Load  "extmod"
        Load  "fbdevhw"
        Load  "glx"
        Load  "record"
        Load  "freetype"
        Load  "type1"
#       Load  "dri"
EndSection
Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier  "Keyboard0"
        Driver      "keyboard"
        Option      "XkbRules" "xfree86"
        Option      "XkbModel" "pc105"
        Option      "XkbLayout" "us"
EndSection
Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier  "Mouse0"
        Driver      "mouse"
        Option      "Protocol" "IMPS/2"
        Option      "Device" "/dev/psaux"
        Option      "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
        Option      "Emulate3Buttons" "no"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier  "DevInputMice"
        Driver      "mouse"
        Option      "Protocol" "IMPS/2"
        Option      "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
        Option      "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
        Option      "Emulate3Buttons" "no"
EndSection
Section "Monitor"
        Identifier   "Monitor0"
        VendorName   "Monitor Vendor"
        ModelName    "PHILIPS 105S"
        DisplaySize  280        210
        HorizSync    30.0 - 60.0
        VertRefresh  50.0 - 120.0
        Option      "dpms"
EndSection
Section "Device"
        Identifier  "Videocard0"
        Driver      "nvidia"
        VendorName  "Videocard vendor"
        BoardName   "NVIDIA GeForce 2 MX (generic)"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
        Identifier "Screen0"
        Device     "Videocard0"