Kernel 2.6-test9: No sound, scroll button not working.

Martin Andersen martin at al-data.dk
Sun Nov 9 11:43:05 UTC 2003

Hi!

My first installement of the Linux 2.6 kernel.
I downloaded kernel-2.6.0-0.test9.1.76.i686.rpm from
http://people.redhat.com/arjanv/2.5/RPMS.kernel/ , and
installed by rpm -ivh kernel..

Then I rebooted, and noticed that KDE complained about missing
sound. I couldn't play a mp3 (after fixing the default xmms :-)).
 Also, when trying to scroll on web pages in Firebird and reading
newsposts in pan, it didn't scroll. There are no problems in Fedora with the
2.4 kernel.

Should I install something else ? I don't want to break my FC with
kernel 2.4.

Here is XF86Config for the relevant portion:

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier  "Mouse0"
        Driver      "mouse"
        Option      "Protocol" "IMPS/2"
        Option      "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
        Option      "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
        Option      "Emulate3Buttons" "no"

My system: Asus A7N8X (nForce2 chipset)
                   Athlon 2400+
                   Logitech MX300 USB mouse (connected to PS/2 via adapter)
                    512 MB ram
                    Seagate IV 80GB disk
                    Creative Soundblaster Live!
                    Logitech Internet keyboard (USB)