Wireless card stopped working

Adam Scarcella adamo97 at comcast.net
Sun Nov 9 16:35:17 UTC 2003

My IBM High Rate Wireless card stopped working today. I had to go back to
wired.

Here¹s what happened:

> I installed the latest kernel 2.6.0-0.test9.1.76 from
> http://people.redhat.com/~rjanv/2.5/
>
> After reboot, Kudzu said that my Intel pro 100 Ethernet card (Intel Corp
> 8280ICAM (ICH3) PRO/100 VE (LOM)) was missing. So I said ³remove it².
>
> Then it found new hardware, my internal Intel pro 100 Ethernet card (Intel
> Corp 8280ICAM (ICH3) PRO/100 VE (LOM)). So I said ³configure it².
>
> Once booted, my wireless card didn¹t work and it wasn¹t found either (although
> the hardware browser still found it, albeit with a different eth# alias).
>
> So I rebooted back into kernel 2.4.22-1.2108.nptl from Fedora Core 1 but my
> wireless card still doesn¹t work and it¹s hardware profile is gone. I used to
> find it automatically and configure it as an Intersil PRISM II orinoco_cs
> card.
>
> SO... I tried to install it again manually, but the Intersil PRISM II
> orinoco_cs wireless card isn¹t even an option.

What can I do to get my wireless card working again, short of reinstalling
Fedora Core.

My Hardware:

IBM ThinkPad A30
1 GHz PIIIm
512 MB RAM
30GB HD
Dual Boot (Windows 2000 Pro/Fedora Core 1)

Adam =)