Printer problems

Cliff Kent cliff at villagevisions.com
Sun Nov 9 17:11:44 UTC 2003

Yes, I googled this for RH9 and found two solutions for samba. The mime
type change that you mention is one. The other was to edit samba.conf to
explicitly add raw printing for windows clients. This was what I did
because I already hand edit my samba.conf files.

The other thing is that CUPS listens only to localhost by default. So, I
add:

Allow From 192.168.1.*

After each place that cupsd.conf has:

Allow From 127.0.0.1

Again, I normally edit cupsd.conf to make some, but not all, cups admin
functions available to users on a lan. The folks on the cups list were
very helpful with the admin limit thing.

I'll post .conf examples if anybody needs them.

best,

ck