Window Placement Affected by Switching Desktop Workspace

John Florian bhbmvpzm at doubledog.org
Sun Nov 9 21:49:22 UTC 2003

I'm having trouble with my windows jumping all over the place as soon as
I change desktop workspaces using the Gnome Workspace Switcher.  I
upgraded to FC1 from RHL9 where sawfish was and still is my WM of
choice.  I can see the windows scramble away from the center of the
workspace as soon as I change workspaces.  When I return, they seem to
wander back towards the center of the workspace somewhat, but not all
the way.  If the window had already been maximized, it can be impossible
to retrieve some since they aren't allowed to be moved.  It's a very
interesting problem, but most annoying.  Would this be sawfish or
something in Gnome?

--
John Florian <bhbmvpzm at doubledog.org>