network profiles in FC1

Jack Bowling jbinpg at shaw.ca
Mon Nov 10 01:03:10 UTC 2003

Running into some quirks with FC1 on my Compaq Presario 2110CA laptop.

- Had to change the load order of pcmcia to come up before the network or
the boot would halt when bringing up the nic with any network profile
other than localhost defined.
- Activated acpi via the bootloader and killed apmd in all runlevels to
avoid potential conflicts with acpi. Unsure if this was necessary.

Speaking of network profiles, I seem to recall that somebody had hacked
a way to select them via the bootloader on startup rather than waiting
til after boot (which seems cumbersome). I did a google search but
couldn't find anything relevant. Pointers appreciated.

--
Jack Bowling
mailto: jbinpg at shaw.ca