can't get "package management" to run

M.Hockings veeshooter at hockings.net
Mon Nov 10 04:25:55 UTC 2003

I'm trying to use the "Package Management" app to install rhgb but it
fails saying "Error installing packages  There was an error installing
packages. Exiting."  with an OK button only.

My FC1 install is an upgrade from RH9 which seems to be working just
fine other than this.  I get the same problem regardless of the package
that I try to update.  Any thoughts as to a reason for this and how I
might fix it.  Is there an easy way to load the rhgb from the cd with
easy-to-understand commands (I am slowly learning Linux but it's a tough
to for this long time Windows user).

Kind regards,

Mike