OT: Re: mailing list subject lines

Alejandro González Hernández - Imoq imoq at imoqland.com
Mon Nov 10 05:03:09 UTC 2003

On Sun, 2003-11-09 at 21:48, Rodolfo J. Paiz wrote:

> Can I help you get your email filters set up? (Seriously.) Mungeing
subject
> lines makes it a lot harder to read mail on text consoles (or at least
> see what mail is about), which I have to do far too often. Please
let's try
> to avoid this.

You didn't offer it to me, but it would be really helpful if you could
post your procmail rules so I can use procmail to filter mail instead of
Evolution.

I used to have these rules:

PATH=/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/bin
MAILDIR=$HOME/mail      #you'd better make sure it exists
#DEFAULT=$MAILDIR/mbox   #completely optional
LOGFILE=$MAILDIR/procmail-log   #recommended

# psyche list
:0:
* ^TO_psyche-list at redhat.com
mail/psyche

# phoebe list
:0:
* ^TO_phoebe-list at redhat.com
mail/phoebe

# shrike list
:0:
* ^TO_shrike-list at redhat.com
mail/shrike

... some time ago, but they didn't seem to work (they always complained
about some lock file) so I had to remove them.

Thanks,

Alex.

--
¡Sé libre, usa software libre!