Metacity clicking to activate becomes moving

Dexter Ang thepoch at mydestiny.net
Mon Nov 10 05:52:43 UTC 2003

I don't know if this is only happening to me, but whenever I activate a
window by clicking the title bar, sometimes my mouse click simply makes
the window active, other times the mouse locks and when I move the mouse
icon, the window moves as well. I get the cursor with the little plus
icon. I am using whatever is default with Fedora (gnome + metacity), and
the only thing I've reconfigured with the system is my wallpaper. Mouse
is a standard PS/2 scrollmouse. It works well with windows, so I don't
think it's a hardware problem. It gets annoying really, when you click
to activate, then all of a sudden the window is in another position
simply because of hand spasms.

Anyone else experiencing this? Any way to maybe debug as to why this is
happening on my system?

Thanks in advance.

Dex