Question about xwin autostart ... thks for ur support

Maynard Kuona knxmay001 at mail.uct.ac.za
Mon Nov 10 12:37:07 UTC 2003

On Mon, 2003-11-10 at 13:31, Tuflipes wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> First of all, congratulations to allow users we used redhat move to fedora
> :) I was really crazy since i visit you :)
>
> A couple of questions:
>
> 1- when i installed redhat system, it had and option during install which
> asked if i want auto start xwindows or no, is fedora no have this option?
> (maybe i dindt see it). Anyway, how can i do that xwindows doesnt start
> automatically?
>
> 2- When i have setup xwin doesnt start automatically , how can i run it?
> startkde? startx?
>
> 3- where to download updates? i checked 1/ dir in ur ftp, and its empty.(i
> think there is a new openssl bug)
>
> thks in advance

Please avoid hitting the reply button when you do not intend to continue
with the line of discussion under that particular email. This ruins the
thread, and makes it harder to use the archives because topics do not
remain consistent. A question like yours could actually be ignored
because it is not at the top of a thread.

Anyway, these threads become a useful source on information and help. I
have googled about issues and ended up right here, and threads which are
broken by off-topic posts can become rather unpleasant to read.

Thank you.