fstab

Nix, Robert P. Nix.Robert at mayo.edu
Mon Nov 10 19:22:19 UTC 2003

It's the umask=000, ownmask=000 and / or othmask=000 that would allow any user to write to the device. You could also say mode=777. These say that the files on the device will appear to have a protection of 777, and so be writable by everyone on the system. owner just says that the "owner" of the device, i.e. the console user, should be able to mount the device. user or users just says that all users should be able to mount the device.

----
Robert P. Nix                            internet: nix.robert at mayo.edu
Mayo Clinic                                  phone: 507-284-0844
RO-CE-8-857                                page: 507-270-1182
200 First St. SW
Rochester, MN 55905
----   "Codito, Ergo Sum"
"In theory, theory and practice are the same,
 but in practice, theory and practice are different."