questions about FC1 boot

M.Hockings veeshooter at hockings.net
Mon Nov 10 23:09:55 UTC 2003

I have a machine that I upgraded from RH9 to FC1 and all is working fine
but I have some of questions about the booting.

1)  I have the rhgb working on it and I wonder if there is a way to make
it start up in the details mode.  This is not a big concern but I like
the progress thermometer and the text status.

2)  When FC1 starts MySQL it seems that MySQL takes a while to get wound
up.  The boot sequence appears to interpret this as a failure to start.
Is there a way to tell the machine to have a little more patience so
that it correctly reports the start or no-start status?

3) When the machine was RH9 I had a SCSI adapter in it that I would plug
in when I wanted to boot DOS (aka Windows) to play games.  I removed the
adapter but at the time I told RH9 Kudzu to keep the config as I thought
I might plug it in again.  RH9 did not seem concerned about this but FC1
complains at boot about it.  Is there an easy way to remove the SCSI
adapter definition so that FC1 no longer complains?

Any thoughts or hints would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike