Errors on yum update

Juan Gabriel Florez jgflorez at gilleon.com
Tue Nov 11 16:55:29 UTC 2003

I wonder if I have a wrong configuration in yum because yum is showing me one package to update but the when I try to update it just gives me an error

$yum list updates
Server: Fedora Core 1 - i386 - Base
Server: updates freshrpms
Server: core updates freshrpms
Server: Livna.org Fedora Compatible Packages (stable)
Server: Fedora Core 1 - i386 - Released Updates
Finding updated packages
Downloading needed headers
Name                                Arch   Version                  Repo
mplayerplug-in                      i386   0.95-0.lvn.1.1           livna-stable

and then if I do:

$ yum update mplayerplug-in
Server: Fedora Core 1 - i386 - Base
Server: updates freshrpms
Server: core updates freshrpms
Server: Livna.org Fedora Compatible Packages (stable)
Server: Fedora Core 1 - i386 - Released Updates
Finding updated packages
Downloading needed headers
Resolving dependencies
.....identical dependency loop exceeded
package mplayer-gui needs mplayer = 0:0.92-0.lvn.1.1 (not provided)

but:
$yum info mplayer
Server: Fedora Core 1 - i386 - Base
Server: updates freshrpms
Server: core updates freshrpms
Server: Livna.org Fedora Compatible Packages (stable)
Server: Fedora Core 1 - i386 - Released Updates
Finding updated packages
Downloading needed headers
Looking in Available Packages:

Looking in Installed Packages:
Name   : mplayer
Arch   : i386
Version: 1.0
Release: 0.4.pre2.20031107.fr
Size   : 13.75 MB
Group  : Applications/Multimedia
Repo   : Locally Installed
 MPlayer is a movie player. It plays most video formats as well as DVDs.
Its big feature is the wide range of supported output drivers. There are also
nice antialiased shaded subtitles and OSD.

Available rpmbuild rebuild options :
--with : samba
--without : alsa aalib lirc cdparanoia libdv arts xvid esd dvdread faad2 lzo
            fame osdmenu gcccheck freedesktop

--
Juan Gabriel Florez <jgflorez at gilleon.com>