Dovecot

WipeOut wipe_out at onetel.com
Tue Nov 11 20:49:32 UTC 2003

David C. Hart wrote:

>On an upgrade from RH9 will Dovecot replace the existing IMAP and Pop3
>servers that were installed with RH9?

No, UW-IMAP is still there..

>If not, should I change? Should I fix what ain't broke?

IIRC Dovecot uses Maildir as its storage system which means that you
will have to switch from Sendmail to Postfix as well..

If your system is happy with Sendmail and UW-IMAP just leave it like
that.. and don't worry about all the hype about Maildir being massively
faster because its all dependent on the situation and the test that is
being run.. Maildir is a little faster but not by the orders of
magnitude many would like you to believe..