Problems compiling php on Fedora Core 1

John Nichel jnichel at by-tor.com
Tue Nov 11 21:11:12 UTC 2003

Hi,

   I'm trying to get php 4.3.4 to configure on a Fedora 1 box, and the
configure script keeps hanging on "checking whether pwrite works...".  I
asked this on the php lists, but between them and google, no-one has
seen this error before.

The section of 'configure' that I believe this is coming from is....

<code>
   echo $ac_n "checking whether pwrite works""... $ac_c" 1>&6
echo "configure:73730: checking whether pwrite works" >&5
if eval "test \"`echo '$''{'ac_cv_pwrite'+set}'`\" = set"; then
   echo $ac_n "(cached) $ac_c" 1>&6
else
</code>

But most of that is greek to me.  Does anyone understand what that's
doing?  What it might be looking for, and what might be causing it to
hang?  I've tried it with and without mm support for sessions, but to no
avail (it's checking for pwrite right after is does the session check).
  Can anyone lend a few brain cells?  Thanks.

--
By-Tor.com
It's all about the Rush