xDSL connection does not starts correctly

Martin Bolte mail at silico.net
Tue Nov 11 23:29:56 UTC 2003

I have the same problem, but changing the name of the file didn't help.
The error message i am getting when i set up an internet connection is
the following

/sbin/ifup: line 15: network-functions: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht
gefunden  (file or directory not found)
/sbin/ifup: line 26: need_config: command not found
/sbin/ifup: Konfiguration für hansenet nicht gefunden. (configuration
for hansenet (my isp) not found)
Verwendung: ifup <Gerätename> (usage:)      ifup     (<device name>)

apparently there are some bugs in the installation of the package
initscripts or something else, i am not sure. It even corrupted my
working configuration that i formerly used with rh9. I installed kppp
then and it connects fine. But i find it annoying to start it as a
superuser each time, so i want to get neat-control working. But how?

Martin Bolte <mail at silico.net>