tulip ethernet driver problems

Chris Hipp fedora at christoph.msbx.net
Wed Nov 12 06:53:34 UTC 2003

I have a Netgear fa310tx rev. 2 chipset ethernet card.  Installation
automatically configured and loaded the tulip driver for this card.
However, using this card causes my system to freeze hard (must be reset
using hardware button.)  So much as pinging my computer kills it.  I
switched to using the tulip_old driver and stability increased somewhat,
it doesn't freeze instantly but eventually does.  This card worked
perfectly in Redhat 9.0.  I have a clean Fedora Core 1 installation.

I need help resolving this problem or gathering more useful debugging
information.