Network activation

Antonio Montagnani anto.montagnani at virgilio.it
Wed Nov 12 08:11:25 UTC 2003

I updated from RH8 to Fedora
In RH8 I started an ADSL connection at boot-time

Now I get the following message (maybe translation from Italian not very good....):

ppp0 interface activation : ./ifup: configuration not found
use ifup <device name>

and of course ppp0 will not start

After start-up, I can start my connection by network console..

Another issue is that if I make any modification when I exit from network configuration graphical console I get the following message:

redhat-config-network
error saving configuration
[Errno 2] no such file or directory //etc/sysconfig/network-sripts//icfg-lo-rpmsave

What does it mean??

Another issue is that at shutdown of the machine i get the following message
fgrep ifgcg-ppp0 no such file or directory

Are the three issues strictly connected???

Tnx

Antonio

 Written with  Mozilla 1.4 on Fedora Core 1