all drawers open when panel appears

Jim Cornette redhat-jc at insight.rr.com
Thu Nov 13 02:16:38 UTC 2003

David Carson wrote:
> Yet another drawer problem in FC1:
>
> If I set my gnome-panel to autohide, all the drawers
> open up each time the panel appears.  This is also
> true if I hide and unhide manually.  Not only that, if
> I try to launch one of the apps in the drawer by
> clicking on the app icon in the drawer, the whole
> panel disappears, making it impossible to launch the
> app (autohide only -- I have worked around this part
> of the problem by disabling autohide).
>
> I have played with the settings of the panel, I have
> created a brand new panel with a drawer, nothing seems
> to fix it.
>
> My system is running FC1, upgraded from RH9.
>
> Thanks,
> David

Since there were questions about the drawer feature. I decided to try
out the feature.

I added the drawers to the panel. Then I dragged an icon from my panel
to the drawer. It took, so I dragged another application icon into the
drawer. Both applications, now within the drawer launched correctly.

After I set the top panel to autohide, it did as you described. All of
the "drawers" were opened.

My system was upgraded from severn1 to Fedora. I think it is safe to say
that this is a bug.

During the beta testing. I don't remember anyone trying out the drawer
feature. It needs to be fixed though.

Jim

--
Don't read everything you believe.