gnome-terminal ignores fonts.conf ?

Steve Nardone snlistsrv at cogeco.ca
Thu Nov 13 03:54:15 UTC 2003

I have configured my ~/.fonts.conf with the following to disable
anti-aliasing for 8-11pt fonts:

<match target="font">
</match>

This works perfectly well for all gnome applications I use except
gnome-terminal...it chooses to anti-alias the terminal text regardless
of these settings.  The only work-around I've found so far is to disable
anti-alias altogether in gnome-font-properties, but that's not a great
solution.  Anti-aliased terminal text drives me nuts, and I can't seem
to find a nice bitmap font that I prefer over Lucida Console.  P.s. This
used to work in RH9.

Thanks!! -
Steve