fat32 problem ...

Michael Paffrath paffrath at fatmedia.de
Thu Nov 13 09:49:17 UTC 2003

> Could you post the contents of your /etc/fstab file?  That might show a
> difference in how the two partitions are being mounted.
this is my fstab:
/dev/hda4               swap                    swap    defaults
0 0
/dev/cdrom              /mnt/cdrom              udf,iso9660
noauto,owner,kudzu,ro 0 0
/dev/hda1               /mnt/micha_c            vfat
uid=501,gid=501,defaults,rw     0 0
/dev/hda5               /mnt/micha_d            vfat
uid=501,gid=501,defaults,rw     0 0
/dev/cdrom1             /mnt/cdrom1             udf,iso9660
noauto,owner,kudzu,ro 0 0

as you see it is identically ... that´s why i don´t have a clue what the
problem could be.

@Maynard:
> It definitely does more than 32GB. You can't make the partition using
> Windows IIRC because they want you to use NTFS instead. I had an 80BG
> partition. Now its only about 50, but it FAT coz I need to read/write
> under Linux.
how did you format the harddisk?

Michael Paffrath
fatmedia - agentur für interaktive medien
Schillerstraße 6

50968 Köln

Tel. 0221 - 660 36 63
Fax. 0221 - 276 03 98